Friday 11 June 2010

One thing I notice at the gym is the weird stares I get from some women this happened last Sunday. Most women in the gym lift 2 to 6kg and here I am gritting my teeth and leg pressing 310kg.

In weird way I enjoy the looks I get it allows me to focus and get my head in the game..... I'm not here to put on a show or dress up in skimpy clothes, just to get my muscle on!!!

Women move away from the cardio machines climb up the stairs and enter the weight room start small get comfy and pump weight; it is one of the most exhilarating feelings ever. I used to feel self conscious but now I don’t care what people think!

What I have noticed, is that most guys at the gym who are what I see as hardcore are encouraging. Some of the others feel that it is appropriate to laugh at me or question if I’m not scared of get manly. At times I have a little chuckle to my self ... as I have a sneaky suspicion that my legs are stronger than theirs, oops.

I have added a picture of Pauline Nordin, who for me has one of the best bodies in womens bodybuilding.



Her website is

http://www.fighterdiet.com/blog/?m=201006

1 comment:

  1. I too have found the men in my gym much more encouraging! I don't really notice any stares from women (they're probably scared haha!) but not a single woman has spoken to me in the 4 weeks I've been a gym member, yet I've chatted with quite a few of the guys, they're all interested in how I'm doing!

    None of the women in my gym use the free weights, not even the teeny ones, so I feel like it's down to me to show them what sort of body they could get through lifting and I feel like I want to prove them all wrong! I want them to come and ask me how they get a body like mine, that's what keeps me going ;-)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete